Thursday, February 28, 2008

The Stone

I once wanted to be a mountain,
So I can stand tall and marvel great men,
then the water couldn't wash me away,
Then the world wouldn't be able to kick me around.
Then I'd be alright.

I once wanted to be an ocean,
So I could be magnificent and vast,
Then the fading sun would set on me,
and people would find that there's more under the surface,
Then I'd be alright.

I once wanted to be the sun,
So I would always shine so bright,
Then I'd be able to warm the sleeping world's sheets,
and shed light on every gray area that seems to hide in the loneliest places.
Then I'd be alright.

I once never wanted to be me,
So I just wanted and wanted and never got,
Then watched the world pass right by,
and learned nothing of myself.
I never did quite get alright.

No comments: