Tuesday, February 19, 2008

ALIVE AND WELL.

If true love is cold hearted then my love be true.

A message to those who stand on soap boxes:
When in a battle for king of the hill, positioning yourself at the top of a mountain without a strong base to ward off your enemies is a foolish premise indeed. Next time get a box that doesn't wobble.

Is this peace or peace of mind? Is this body filled with a ghost or is it just filled with electrical pulses running through my nervous system? Can those electrical pulses be my soul? All questions that have risen in my World Religions class but yet I have no answers, merely faith and an open mind to guide me to truth. Yet they led me astray from what I had set out to do, which was to watch Sergei Khrushchev give a lecture on US and Russian Relations following the Cold War. All for a presentation that left me with more questions than I had arrived with and still no idea what was talked about in that lecture by Nikita Khrushchev. So which would have been more important to entertain? Which was more rich with life lessons? Does the fact that I have more questions now than ever mean I'm lost or headed in the right direction? For this I look at the Rubik's cube for answers. With each turn the puzzle seems to be more scattered. Occasionally I find a side that fits only to realize that others do not. I'm left with the question of whether to leave the one side and be happy with what I have or to continue my quest at conquering the cube? My curiosity, just like everyone else's, gets the better of me. So I must destroy that one perfect side to find the whole. Slowly twisting and turning, contemplating each move only to get back where I started. Then out of no where a piece falls into place. So does another. And another. Suddenly it's over. That long battle for supremacy and command of the situation is complete. From thin air. Disarray leads us to command, we just need to recognize the right moves, make a few mistakes, and be willing to destroy one perfect side for the better of the whole. So that answers my question, or does it? Do you have more questions? I know I do.

No comments: