Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Continuation...

GEEK IN THE SHELL!!!



I went to Dan's to try out my skills. I walked in and stepped into Dan's room, which if I remember correctly was the messiest disaster ever. I'm pretty sure his rooms in the few places he's lived to date have looked like that. Dan's like a Hurricane, he'll fuck up a room and then fuck your mom. He's that smooth. Anyway, I was singing out of a 50 Watt guitar amp while Kyle and Champa played out of amps that weren't much bigger. It really turned me off at first but I kind of liked there jams. After I tried out, I asked if I had made the cut. They told me that I was the only person they wanted and said I was in if I wanted it. Made me feel good so I accepted. The next task was to find a drummer. The first person we tried out was Gavin Dwyer. He was a decent drummer but we didn't really mesh well with him so we parted ways. Good musicians in our area were few and far between, so we had a tough time trying to find anyone else who fit our style. So after a few weeks of debating, Dan said he knew someone but he would have to mend a bridge or two he burned in order to get him on board. About a week later, John walked into our lives. He was much younger with short hair and absolutely no beard. He was more of a pop-punk drummer but we figured we'd take anything. He sat in and immediately we started vibing. He was funny, kind of ridiculous. We loved that and he just sat well with our personalities. We then set out to try and find a bass player. A feat that has plagued us since the beginning. It seemed we were cursed to not have a bass player. Our first bass player was Devin Walters. We all new Devin. He's been roaming the punk/hardcore scene for years. He immediately jumped on and decided to take on the task of playing bass for us. After a few months of playing, we decided to play our first show in January 2004. It was a punk/hardcore show and we opened. It wasn't great but we had fun and it was a good show to start with. Our second show was the show that we set up. Over 350 people showed up to watch 7 bands play at Froggers. For the next year we played local shows in our area and never really branched out. Then during my freshmen year of college, Devin hooked up with the girl I was going out with and it pissed me off. We kicked him out and we really hadn't patched things up until recently. Our next move was to find a new bass player, and that was going to be tough considering our luck....

No comments: