Thursday, March 13, 2008

There's a girl out in the middle of the ocean,
without a paddle or an oar,
and she sends me encrypted messages,
in a bottle filled with cork.
She knows I'm not a swimmer,
or I'd leave this piece of land,
to save her from her troulbes,
and bring her to my kingdom made of sand.

There's a boy who lives in a castle,
on the beaches that I admire,
off the coast of ivory shorelines,
where I wish I could retire.
I hope he knows I love him,
for it seems that I've sprung a leak,
and this vessel is filling fast,
seems the frame is growing weak.

There was once a girl who was stranded in the ocean,
and I thought she loved me so,
but those bottles once filled with encrypted messages,
I now find filled with stones.
I think she may have found someone new,
someone who could swim, who could float,
who was much better then I,
more Romantic in his notes.

At the bottom of the Ocean,
where the sea floor runs so smooth,
lies the lifeless sailor, the color of her skin
gone from tan to blue.
Seems the Ocean swallowed,
the stranded girl who had not a paddle nor an oar,
who sent her love encoded messages,
in bottles filled with cork.

love floats.

No comments: