Thursday, March 6, 2008

Every Mistake I Made, I Couldn't Have Made Without You

I am planted with deep roots spreading through the topsoil and grass,
Cursing progression for defining my method of design,
So those celibate sons can pull at my hair to loosen the new voodoo,
did it?
Some say that these are times of market booms and declining moral values,
others attribute the faithless to rapid proliferation of certain doom,
I have found that pastors find salvation in the ruin's of children's' youth,
was it ever?
Is it the bottle or the prescription that eases your wandering mind,
I am such a good parent for giving my children the opportunity that I never had,
Half naked in an apartment popping the tops off batteries cooking my dreams in a bedpan,
have I found it?
Is it normal for a child to hide behind a soldier's heart in search for the strength to be weak,
I've broken down the most anticipated arguments and found empty all promises,
The jingling of my pockets tells a story far greater than monetary value,
I search for change?

No comments: