Tuesday, February 17, 2009

I fell in Love with a world that COULDN'T Love me back

In those open eyes,
reflecting back fresh painted yellow lines,
I hear the car door slam,
and we're off again.
The time will pass,
by counting those rusted railroad tracks,
better pray to god,
that storm don't roll in.
Again we stop along that old highway road,
heading west, waiting for the world to swallow us whole,
curious are these words,
I watched the spider weave.
Here the sun is unforgiving,
It'll take the soul from your body just for living,
pedal to the floor,
roll the windows down.
That bead of sweat,
rolling off your brow from your forehead
caught by the wind,
air conditioning your brain.
Although we're fried,
We'll get there quicker and in half the time,
they want us dead,
they may get their way.
I inhale smoke,
the engines blown and won't cool down with Coke,
bottled up,
so the sun can shine.
I've lived in sin,
but just this time my heart might give in,
to stay alive,
you have to choose.

I walked a day through the desert sands,
left to die for killing another man,
but he would have killed me too.

No comments: