Thursday, February 12, 2009

Culling Songs without Titles

Eyes drop to the floor, he cannot bare to look you in the eye. Blood crusted around the edges of his nostrils, taste the spit, foul fractured face bones metal plate to seal the bond, the world meets you at your lowest point, feet anchoring you to the worlds gravitational lust, barely holding on, that which is now created will never be again, and yet you’ve settled for less, you allowed yourself to rot. Eyes lodged to a technological break through, nostrils barely snorting air and dust, you passed out and hope you never wake up.


May weary days come crashing in, may vital signs be growing faint, alive or dead I’ve found elegance in every deep gasp of air. A journey of mind, body and soul ends in six feet of water, a toe tag and a worm infestation, but it was worth the trip.



Do you fear, do you fear your end? What way will you go, a mass extinction of building egos. Or do you fear, do you fear the change of times. How an idea can kill the very foundation a generation was built upon. Are you afraid that your originality will be bought and sold, afraid that you were educated to provide lips for service. May my mouth be the vessel of discourse and remorse. Carrying waves of sound through willing ears to be regurgitated and resold. I am the enticing cynic who spits upon the fabric which morality was sewn. This is my plea for hope that this is the end of your generation. This is my plea for hope, may this be the end of your generation. May I be the carrier of the disease, may every breath I take infect another life, let me infect all those that can hear. Let the world know you are not a slave.



Enter the life that calls for you, breathe in, it’s all you have left, just breathe, but you know that some ones waiting. Your hotel room is quiet but you enter anyway, she begins to undress and it all seems surreal. She’s already dead, you’re already shaking, your blood pushes through your veins, faster than before. You can taste the air, its thick with sweat and mold, neither of you says a word, you just dance around each others bodies. Her eyes are sunken into her head, skin drips from her cheeks, hollow and alone, lost and immersed in the poison that has plagued you for years. All it takes is a deep breath and your guilt is gone, your conscience submerged in cannibalistic thoughts. It’s all you have left. Empty and torn. Pinned between body and floor. From your sleep you’re stirred. Soaked in sweat. Time to move on.


Exanimate

Everyday passes with no accord; we share the light and process the adaptation, maybe we can step forward, from the bottom we burrow, and sink, and decompose. Fall deep into the shadow, and fear the comfort lost when you’re still part of your own skin. Ignore, Ignore, Ignore, in massive migrations we burrow to the center, to the center of the hollow earth.


TITAN

Life is monotonous, life is static. And all of your will has been removed. I shall run oceans dry; I shall scorch life to dust. Where change has brought no virtue, I will remain to consume. This crossroad, neither path shall lead to a center. Time and space, destroyed and devoured. Can you feel your mind running weak? You were born under the veil, possessing the means within your hands. And you will reap what you sow. I HAVE FOUND IT IN FILTH AND SORROW. Almighty Gaea, mother of all life, deem me your titan, I shall find you in the earth, and I shall find you where mountain meets sky. Move your feet, lift your anchor, one step and change begins.

THE ALCHEMIST

I leap forward to catch my tongue, I smile crooked and show my teeth, and all those that fear shall come to know my name. I belong, to the Earth. This is goodbye. WATCH AS I TURN GOLD TO SAND. May we realize we all share the same fate, let this be our bond while from either shore they rise, to destroy us. All HEARTS REST WITH THE SETTING SUN. How far are you willing to go. So I hope you can understand, why I'm leaving you, in the absence of death, I am the end.



May these words reach you in deep slow breaths.

No comments: