Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Strays

The heavy hands of God baring down on you,
the pressure so inviting,
to crush our skulls.

Fearless are we who seek the bottom,
the lowest rung of civilization,
the essence of truth,

I have seen the sun and all hands reach to grasp it,
They have seen the sun and all hands reach to grasp it.

The river flows in drops,
through the cracks in old hands,
weathered and calloused.

Fear engulfs their young eyes,
terror embraces their expressions,
"Love No Longer Lives Here"

In shadows we dance and sing,
In filth we dance and sing,
In the dawn we dance and sing.

Each hair torn individually from my brow,
from the top of my head.

If you see her ask her about me,
Does she even think of me anymore?


"Cattle die
kinsmen die
all men are mortal.
Words of praise
will never perish
nor a noble name."

No comments: