Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Nothing to Wake up to Tommorow

diving closer to the center, I grab it, the rock. I hold it to keep me closer to the bottom. In the all but still wave of the ocean's current, I feel pressures handshake. The ringing in my ears has yet to subside. Through murky water I peered to the surface and saw pounding waves and bright sun. Eyes thirst for tears in a sea of salt. Have you ever accepted death? Have you ever said goodbye? Wondered what you would have said and who you would have said it to? Thought about your last kiss? How you didn't really savor it? The light press of cushion against the warm moist object of your affection. The deep passionate pose, how seconds turn into minutes, and minutes into hours. Slowly running your tongue along the lower lip and then against her own. Allowing your top row of teeth to grasp your own lip, pulling it into your own poised mouth. At that moment, serenity is granted, as she runs her fingers through your hair and pulls you toward her. Slow. Deliberate. Breathes. The set passes, the glaze over the cool ocean water tells the story. I gasp and fill my lungs with air. I held my breathe for what seemed like hours. I went down myself and came up a different human being. So close to death. I really did almost drown.

No comments: