Monday, December 10, 2007

There's room for you...

And sometimes my mind wanders between you and time. And sometimes I think about how we could just drift for miles out to sea. And sometimes I think about how we could drown and it'd be alright, for me at least. I filled myself with loss and lowered expectations. I've filled myself with gloom and sorrow. I let myself feel sorry for myself. I've been mistaken for strangers by my own friends, and sometimes I don't even know me anymore. I find myself in you. I find my happiest moments in you. Yet I barely know you. Yet I don't know who you are. But I know, with every ounce of me, I know. I knew when we met on a dusty road under a canopy of false hope. I've watched the loss, and I've felt the loss, and I've been alone. I just want to know that I'm not alone anymore. I am promises kept. I am foolish in the face of love. I live in a small room, with a kitchen, and living room. My bed is a single, and it's warm. If I move close to the wall there'd be room for you, there'd always be room for you. Just to find sleep. I don't have much but I'd give it all. Promises Kept.

This song is for anyone who's lost all hope.

No comments: